Tompkins Food Future seeks part-time Communications Assistant
February 17, 2023
Tompkins Food Future Communications Assistant
The Tompkins Food Future Communications Assistant will be responsible for assisting with communications, public outreach and education, content development, event planning, coordination and progress reporting as part of the implementation of the Tompkins County Food System Plan: A Roadmap for our Future. The Communications Assistant will play a key role in strengthening the food system by supporting progress on the strategic priority actions identified in the plan. Specific duties will include: developing and writing press releases, articles and other material to educate the public; designing materials and posts to spread the word about opportunities; coordinating and supporting food system events and gatherings; maintaining the TFF website and social media presence; and other duties as assigned. This position supports the Community Food System Planner and the Food Policy Council of Tompkins County, and is based at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County. Food System Plan implementation is carried out in coordination with community partners and stakeholders focused on advancing climate resilience, equity and economic opportunity and human and ecosystem health in our food system.
- This is a temporary 10 hour per week position and is not benefits eligible. The position ends November 1, 2023, with potential for continuation pending securing additional funding.
- Compensation $20.00 per hour.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Working knowledge of design materials and programs for social media and print mediums including Canva, Wix, and the Adobe Creative Suite software preferred.
- To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2023. Paper copies can also be dropped off at CCE Tompkins at 615 Willow Ave. Position closing dates may change based on Association needs.
- Contact Katie Hallas email@example.com, 607-272-2292 ext 281