The ReBusiness Partners Program helps local businesses and organizations reduce waste, reuse, increase recycling and composting, and adopt green purchasing practices. Participation is easy. Contact us today to learn more or set up your free consultation.
Who can participate in the program?
Tompkins County Businesses, institutions, and organizations are invited to participate in the program at no cost.
What can participants receive?
The Tompkins Department of Recycling and Materials Management can offer:
- A waste prevention consultation – on-site or virtual assistance tailored to your business.
- Access to tools and resources, such as:
- Recycling bins and decals.
- Compost, Recycling, and Trash signage.
- Guidance information.
- Support with staff training for waste reduction, reuse, and/or composting.
How does it work?
We can answer a quick question or schedule a consultation for more direct support. Through a virtual or in-person site visit, we review your current practices, help identify opportunities, and provide tailored recommendations for setting up or enhancing recycling, composting, and other waste prevention programs.
Our team can provide support for:
- Establishing recycling and composting programs.
- Setting up food waste prevention and donation initiatives.
- Troubleshooting programs to address issues such as contamination.
- Creating a surplus equipment reuse procedure.
- Evaluating takeout container options.
- Launching green purchasing efforts.
- Additional needs.
Looking for support with another area of waste prevention? Contact us today to see how we can help.
Why participate in the ReBusiness Partners Program?
Adopting waste prevention practices at your operation can:
- Increase operating efficiencies.
- Reduce the amount of trash being sent to the landfill.
- Save energy and natural resources.
- Provide potential for experiencing bottom line savings.
- Help sustain the community in which we live.
- Increase compliance with New York State and local laws.
For more information about the program, please contact us.