The ReBusiness Partners Program is designed to support a local business or organization’s efforts to reduce waste, increase recycling and composting, and adopt green purchasing practices. We worked with a few of our ReBusiness Partners and Thomas Hoebbel Photography to create a video promoting the program. It demonstrates how easy it is to participate in a waste assessment or reassessment and highlights some of the program’s success stories.
What do committed ReBusiness Partners receive?
- Public recognition from the community for their efforts to help the environment.
- FREE assistance from Recycling and Materials Management throughout the process, including a waste assessment
- FREE recycling bins and decals
- FREE Compost, Recycling, and Trash signage
- Reduced fee for food scraps recycling service
- The rights to use the ReBusiness logo
Why become a ReBusiness Partner?
In addition to receiving public recognition and assistance from the Tompkins County Department of Recycling and Materials Management, a ReBusiness Partner:
- Reduces the amount of trash being sent to the landfill.
- Saves energy and natural resources.
- Could experience bottom line savings.
- Helps sustain the community in which we live.
- Complies with New York State and local laws.
Who can become a partner?
Any Tompkins County business or organization can become a ReBusiness Partner. Interested businesses are provided with a FREE waste assessment and follow-up report of recommendations to help reduce waste, recycle, compost and implement green purchasing practices. Once a business has met the following criteria, it will be invited to become a ReBusiness Partner.
In order to become a ReBusiness Partner, a business must:
- Have a recycling program set-up to effectively collect all mandatory recyclables,
- Demonstrate at least 3 activities in the areas of Reduce, Reuse, or Rebuy.
For more information about the program, please contact us.