The Tompkins County Recycling and Materials Management (TCRMM) is pleased to announce the reopening of the Food Scraps Drop Spot at Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) for Sunday, Sept. 10, 2023.
CCE was temporarily closed last week due to health and safety concerns, which resulted in the cancellation of the Sept. 3 Food Scraps Drop Spot. CCE has now reopened and the Sunday, Sept. 10, Food Scraps Drop Spot will be operating according to its usual weekly hours, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
TCRMM has 18 Food Scraps Drop Spots located throughout Tompkins County, including the following nearby locations:
- East Hill Plaza, Pine Tree Rd., Ithaca: Open Saturday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.; open Wednesday, 3 – 6 p.m.
- Cayuga Heights Village Office, 836 Hanshaw Rd.: Open Sunday, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Hancock St., Corner of Fifth and Hancock Streets, Ithaca: Open Wednesday, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Lansing Village Office, 2405 N. Triphammer Rd.: Open Saturday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Recycling and Solid Waste Center, 160 Commercial Ave., Ithaca: Open Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Tompkins County Highway Department, 170 Bostwick Rd, Ithaca: Open Saturdays 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
A full list of all 18 Food Scrap Drop Spot locations and hours can be found on recycletompkins.org/dropspots.