Below are two recently posted employment and job training opportunities from Finger Lakes ReUse.
Volunteer and Employment Coordinator
Job Title: Volunteer and Employment Coordinator
Reports to: ReUse Training Director
The Volunteer and Employment Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing trainings, support and job readiness assessments for ReUse Center workers. Their 5 key tasks will include:
· Actively participate in ReUse Center retail operations, maintaining awareness of organizational priorities and needs and how they intersect with volunteer and skill development opportunities.
· Act as liaison with Challenge Workforce Solutions, as well as engage and supervise all participants of Challenge programs during their time working in the ReUse Center.
· Assess and develop job readiness in Challenge participants, volunteer placements, and ReSET trainees providing referrals and acting as a resource to other local programs with the goal to help connect with permanent employment.
· Develop new opportunities in the ReUse Center for engagement of participants in Challenge programs, including leading trainings in a classroom setting open to volunteer participants.
· Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
· Ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with staff, volunteers, trainees, customers, donors, and the public.
· Ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, and to legibly write in and complete forms, perform basic arithmetic, and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to conduct sales transactions, use computerized cash register software with keyboards and mouse.
· 2+ years of experience in worker supervision and/or training, demonstrating enhanced worker performance as a result of supervision and/or training.
· Experience engaging with individuals with disabilities and/or employment barriers.
· Experience delegating and guiding coworkers and/or volunteers in fair and effective manner.
· Ability to identify and achieve goals independently, take proactive responsibility of organizational needs, identifying and improving gaps in organizational performance.
· Minimum education not required.
· Demonstrated experience in solving practical problems in a changing work environment.
· Demonstrated experience communicating pleasantly & effectively with diverse audiences, & working with diverse populations.
· Previous experience working in human services, volunteer coordination, and/or with reuse or retail operations.
· Ability to safely use hand tools.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
· Ability to safely lift 50 lbs.
· Weekend and occasional evening availability preferred.
· Current New York Driver license preferred with a clean record.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wage is $16-$17 hourly, dependent on experience. This position is full-time at 35 hours per week. Finger Lakes ReUse offers competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work policies, and a collaborative work environment. We provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires both professional and personal development.
Finger Lakes ReUse is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a triple-bottom mission to enhance community, economy and environment through reuse. We work to engage all people in reuse activities and to serve as a model organization for other communities, contributing to local poverty relief, waste reduction and providing meaningful work opportunities at all skill levels. Finger Lakes ReUse operates two Community ReUse Centers in the Ithaca area: Triphammer ReUse Center at 2255 N Triphammer Rd and Ithaca ReUse Center at 214 Elmira Rd. Both Centers feature quality household items, furniture, refurbished electronics and more at affordable prices. Purchases help support community programs including the ReSET job skills training program, eCenter computer refurbishment and repair program and the ReUse Materials Access Program, providing materials to local people facing crisis.
Please email letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Finger Lakes ReUse, Inc., 214 Elmira Rd., Ithaca, NY 14850. Full job description available at http://ithacareuse.org/employment/.
Application Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until the position if filled.
ReSET Technology Job Training Program
What: ReSET Technology Job Training Program
Where: Ithaca ReUse Center at 214 Elmira Road.
When: Starting February 4, 2019
Finger Lakes ReUse is now accepting applications for ReSET Tech, a free job training program.
What is ReSET Tech?
ReSET Tech is a free 10-week, unpaid job training program open to anyone 16 or older interested in gaining entry-level skills in Information Technology to jump-start their career. Participants learn in a hands-on environment, through exposure and participation in day-to-day business activities in Finger Lakes ReUse eCenter Computer ReUse program. The next session of ReSET Tech will start February 4, 2019. Those who successfully complete the entry level training are invited to apply for a competitive 15-week full time paid Apprenticeship. To learn more, please visit our website at https://ithacareuse.org/reset/
Candidates may fill out the online application form through our website or may make an appointment with ReUse Training Director Anise Hotchkiss at (607) 257-9699 ext. 9917 to fill out an application in our offices at 214 Elmira Road, Ithaca, New York.
Generous support for the ReSET Job Training program comes from Tompkins County Recycling & Materials Management, Triad Foundation, Community Foundation of Tompkins County, Park Foundation, Ithaca Urban Renewal Agency, The Social Service League of Ithaca, the City Federation of Women’s Organizations, The United Way Youth & Philanthropy Fund, The Staples Foundation, and Brightworks Computer Consulting.
About Finger Lakes ReUse
Finger Lakes ReUse is a charitable nonprofit organization operating two Community ReUse Centers in Ithaca (Ithaca ReUse Center, 214 Elmira Rd; Triphammer ReUse Center, 2255 N Triphammer Rd) in an effort to expand the reuse of materials, provide job training opportunities, create living-wage jobs, and teach repair and reuse skills. ReUse builds community, strengthens the local economy, and protects the environment by redirecting materials away from overflowing landfills and back into productive use. For more information, visit http://www.ithacareuse.org.