The Tompkins County Department of Recycling and Materials Management seeks to hire two Outreach Assistants to help promote recycling programs at community events in Tompkins County. These are part-time positions starting in April and continuing through November. The position involves working as part of a team to enthusiastically promote participation in recycling and composting programs.
Availability to work on weekends is a MUST as most community events will be on the weekend. The rate of pay will be $15.45 an hour, for up to 50 hours of work.
Skills and requirements include:
- Work respectfully and skillfully with diverse demographics.
- Good sense of humor.
- Good knowledge of the community and ability to share community resources.
- Punctuality and Reliability.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Skillfulness with words and word play.
- Pleasant while working under pressure.
- Good organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to distribute information as requested by staff.
- Willingness and ability to participate in parades such as at Ithaca Festival.
Please send a statement of interest and brief resume to Jeremy Betterley, Communications Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org